Welcome!

There's so many good commercial aviation blogs out there - mostly from the States and Canada. But none that I can see from this little island in Northern Europe. With the demise of a great blog by a BA Skipper that many I am sure followed (including me), I've decided to take on the challenge!

I hope you enjoy the commentary on all matters of civil aviation from my vantage point in the left hand seat of Virgin Atlantic's Airbuses!





Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hello, good evening, afternoon or morning - no matter where you are!

How many more aviation blogs can the web sustain? 

I'm hoping one more as I've been egged on to give a flavour of life up te front of the red and silver birds from what I genuinely think is one of the most progressive and polished airlines in the world (but I would say that wouldn't I).

There's very few commercial aviation blogs out there from the UK and with the demise of my favourite blog from the competition over at Speedbird,  I think someone should step up to the plate and fly the union flag from on high to give a very British spin on the airline world.

It's been a bumpy ride for the industry of late and getting into commercial aviation with all the pitfalls and disasters befalling XL, Globespan, some pretty terrible treatment of the guys over at BMI - and that's just the recent past - is certainly not for those who are not 100 per cent dedicated and focused on achieving their aim to operate exciting, complex and amazing machines across the skies.  It's still an exciting and glam career choice and every day I am in the skies, I still pinch myself!

I'll be happy to give running commentaries on our travels on the world's air routes, throw in some tidbits on my time flying the VC10s (soon history as the Airbus comes to Brize) as well as provide any information I can for those who want to get their very own set of shiny wings and take to the skies.

I hope you'll all have fun following my colleagues and I around the skies, which may include a guest column or two from the guys over at Galactic as the blogging settles down.

Welcome to yet another aviation blog - but I hope I can make it a little different to keep you all on your toes.

No comments: